Protecting the confidentiality of information is one of our business principle, release of media improperly could lead to unauthorized disclosure of information. This document demonstrates the procedure in implementing media sanitization with proper and applicable techniques and controls. To ensure effective Data Destruction performance Hang Send tracks, and verified media sanitization and destruction actions and periodically tests sanitization procedure.
Hang Seng processes Data Destruction in accordance with the NIST Special Publication 800-88 standard. Four of the most common methods can be used to sanitize media are presented below:
Data destruction guideline:
- Data destruction guideline for “Android”
- Data destruction guideline for “Blackberry”
- Data destruction guideline for “IOS”
- Data destruction guideline for “Window”
Validation of Data Destruction:
Hang Seng periodically randomly checks the Data Destruction procedure to ensure data clearance is carried out properly, this is independent validation of data destruction processes.
To keep documented evidence that demonstrates a process consistently and effectively produces an outcome that conforms to established criteria and quality controls.
The validation aspects are:
- Validation of the procedures
- Effectiveness of employee training
- Calibration, maintenance of equipment
- Performance of data destruction methods